Friday, February 25, 2011

Marussia Manor Racing set to continue GP3 success


Marussia Manor Racing is about to embark on its second season in the GP3 Championship, with the first of eight rounds scheduled for May in Istanbul. After a successful first year of competition fighting hard for top three finishes throughout the season, the British team aims to continue securing strong results and competing at the sharp end of the field.

With an impressive result of eight podium finishes to its name in 2010, the new season promises to be another strong battle. Rio Haryanto and Adrian Quaife-Hobbs will be at the wheel of the Dallara GP3 for their second season with Marussia Manor Racing, and Finland’s Matias Laine will join the team for his debut in the category after competing in the Formula Renault 2.0 and Formula Three Euroseries.

Rio finished 5th overall in the 2010 drivers’ standings after a consistent first year. Adrian also gained solid experience and both drivers are aiming to raise their performance.

Following on from the team’s announcement that it will support the exciting new karting Formula KGP category, forming the foundation level of its driver development programme, the GP3 team is the middle rung of the team’s ladder to Formula One success. As was the case last season, the most successful driver of the 2011 season will be testing with the Marussia Virgin Racing Formula One team at the end of the year. Rio Haryanto enjoyed the benefit of this opportunity last year after his excellent results in GP3 last season.

John Booth, Team Principal
“It’s going to be another interesting season in GP3. 2011 looks promising and I’m sure we can be up there with the top teams. Both Rio and Adrian did a fantastic job last year, and I’m sure they are ready to reveal more of their potential. I would also like to welcome Matias to the team and wish the three of them a successful season. I have no doubt they will do a great job.”

Rio Haryanto
“I am very happy to be rejoining the Marussia Manor Racing team in GP3 this year. Last year was a fantastic learning year for me and I built up a good relationship with the team, so it made sense to continue with the programme. It is going to be a tough season and I believe GP3 will be even more competitive than last year, but I’m ready for the challenge. I am lucky that my sponsors in Indonesia - Pertamina, Telcomsel, Garuda Indonesia and Kiky - will also continue supporting me.”

Adrian Quaife-Hobbs
“It’s great to be back with the team for a second year. We’ve got more pre-season testing this year which will help to prepare me. Another advantage is that we all know each other much better now, and I’m sure it will help us a great deal. This puts us in a stronger position compared to last season. I think we have a good opportunity to fight at the front. Our pace was strong last year and I’m sure we are capable of carrying it into the new season.”

Matias Laine
“I am very happy to join the GP3 Series this season and I know Marussia Manor Racing is the best place for me to fight for top positions. I am more than ready for this new season. It’s going to be a challenging year, but I can’t wait to get in the car.”

No comments:

Post a Comment